Visitors from Southeast Asian Countries eligible for Conditional Visa-Exempt Entry
Nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam can apply online for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. Nationals of these countries intending to submit an online application for such a certificate should carefully read the following before proceeding to application.
To be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the following three basic requirements must be met:
- The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- The applicant must possess an onward/return air or boat ticket.
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
In addition to the aforementioned basic requirements, one of the following requirements must also be met:
- The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
-Valid resident or permanent resident card or status
-Valid entry visa (electronic visa must be printed out)
-Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
- The applicant possesses an entry visa or resident card issued by the ROC at any point in the past 10 years and has no record of immigration irregularities or law violations in Taiwan. However, holders of ROC entry visas bearing the remark FL (i.e., foreign laborer) or X (i.e., others), as well as holders of ROC resident cards with stated purpose of residence being foreign laborer (i.e., 外勞), are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
- An approved ROC Travel AuthorizationCertificate is valid for 90 days. Multiple entries within these 90 days are allowed. The holder of an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate may stay in Taiwan for 30 days, starting from the day after arrival. If the holder wishes to apply for another ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, he or she must do so seven days prior to the expiry of the current certificate.
- Online applications can only be made by persons holding valid regular passports. Persons holding temporary, emergency, or informal passports, or travel documents other than a passport, cannot submit online applications.
- The visas in the aforementioned list of required documents do not include work permits.
- Holders of aforementioned visas bearing such stamps as VOID, CANCELLED, or CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
- With regard to resident cards or visas that have expired less than 10 years ago, this means that the time between the expiry date of the resident card or visa and the date of arrival in Taiwan may not be longer than 10 years. If no expiry date or validity period is given on the resident card or visa, the 10-year period refers to the time between the resident card or visa’s issuing date and the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- Once the application has been approved, the applicant should print out the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan. Entry will be denied if the required documents are not produced.
- Nationals of Indonesia who possess a valid Japan Visa Waiver Registration are eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.